This is one of those small things that make life so much better.
I tried crystal baths for the first time no long ago. To be perfectly honest, I thought crystals would make my bath look prettier (which they do!), but other than that I wasn't expecting much. Oh boy, was I wrong. Crystal baths are profoundly healing and relaxing, I can’t recommend them enough.
So here is how you can prepare one for your beautiful self:
1) Select a single crystal or a mix of them.
Caution: some crystals are not safe for use in water because they either contain poisonous minerals, are water soluble, or both. As long as you stick with the quartz family you should be OK, if in doubt use something else.
Here are some of my favourite combos:
- Healing – clear quartz. Yep, nothing else. This is super simple and very, very effective for overall healing and balancing of your energies
- De-stress – amethyst and lavender bath oil. Ideal before going to bed
- TLC – rose quartz and rose bath oil. This one is perfect after a breakup, or when you feel a bit down. Rose quartz is so gentle, tender and loving it’ll make you feel like it’s giving you a big hug
- The big 3 – clear quartz, rose quartz and amethyst + sage bath oil. Simply because they are awesome, and even more fabulous when used together
- Revitalising – citrine and grapefruit bath oil. Some people like taking baths in the morning or before a special event. This is my favourite mix to boost energy
- Chakra balancing (love this one) – snow quartz, amethyst, blue lace agate, green aventurine, citrine, carnelian, red jasper. I like to add frankincense bath oil to this one
2) Rinse your crystals in running water holding the intention of clearing them.
3) Hold the crystals and ask them to assist you with whatever your intention for the bath is. For example: “Thank you for supporting me in letting go of stress and worries".
4) Place the crystals in the bathtub and start running the water. Be sure not to hit them with super hot water.
5) Add your favourite bath oil to the mix. Be sensible with this one, double check you are not allergic or sensitive to any of the oils you intend to use.
6) Set the mood with candles and music.
7) Jump in!
Remember to gently rinse and thank the crystals once you are done.
Sole is a spiritual change maker. I help kickass people figure out what truly matters to them and how to align their lives to it. As a radical authenticity activist, I encourage people to get rid of all the nonsense, compromises and half-baked decisions. I do this by mixing ancient mystical tools with modern, practical techniques. This combo includes intuitive coaching, energy healing and spiritual readings, which are an absolutely perfect concoction for modern spirituality.